The Celebration Double DVD: video and sound are remastered

Posted by Sylar On Friday, September 11, 2009

Warner Music gave DrownedMadonna.com more details regarding the upcoming Celebration double DVD, pointing out that "this is the ultimate Madonna collection in chronological order".
2 DVD package comes in a CD sized Digipack. The 47 videos have been remastered. Not only are the videos remastered, but also the SOUND is remastered. You can listen in normal stereo or in surround 5.1.
They also point out that "18 of these videos have NEVER EVER been on a DVD, 27 of them have NEVER been on a Madonna DVD."

Source: Drowned Madonna

7 Responses to "The Celebration Double DVD: video and sound are remastered"

  1. Ruso Said,

    OMG!!!!!! 5.1 Surround sound! This is the best news eveeeeeeeer!! (what a geek commentary).

    I just hope they didn't crop the full screen videos to make it widescreen...

     

  2. Danny Said,

    I'm so happy they remastered the videos because the past DVD collections looked like bad/old transfers. I can't wait to see how it turned out. Now how about releasing this on Blu-Ray...

     

  3. Anonymous Said,

    I beg you no widescreen please no I would die. I need my full screen or that would suck I would seriously kill someone if they did something like that grrrrr.

     

  4. Ruso Said,

    Yeah me too "Anonymous" xD. I mean, it's not because I want the video fill my TV or i don't wanna see the black bars, No. It's because if the videos are originally Full Screen... they should remain like that, widescreen will just CUT the video's height :(

     

  5. Anonymous Said,

    Hope the original vogue video got its 35mm film transfer to widescreen, just like the rest of the videos filmed in 35mm like cherish

     

  6. TinkerTenor Said,

    It depends on how they were originally cut. If they were directed/shot/mastered for 16x9 and THEN cut to 4x3, then having the "original" 16x9 would be great. If it's the opposite as you suggest then of course having the original 4x3 is better.

    I personally hope it's the former because I prefer widescreen content. Either way I assume if they're going back to the film than whatever was originally intended is what will be on the DVD.

     

  7. Anonymous Said,

    well they sound great but LOOK HORRIBLE....BAD BAD WARNERS!

     

Post a Comment