Testino kicked Madonna into touch on photo shoot

Posted by Sylar On Friday, February 27, 2009
rolcover2 Famed photographer Mario Testino got physical to create the iconic image of Madonna on her Ray Of Light record cover - he kicked her into position. The celebrity snapper worked with the Material Girl star to come up with an image for her now famous 1998 album cover sleeve. But the photo shoot wasn't an easy one - with Testino having to physically tackle the notoriously tough singer to convince her to keep posing.

He says, "At 2pm she (Madonna) said, 'OK, I'm tired. We're done.' And I said, 'But I don't have the pictures yet.' She said, 'You're working for me and I say we're done.' I said, 'No, we carry on.' "The picture she used on the cover came after that. She didn't intimidate me, you see. I thought, I have to push my luck here, so I started kicking her like this, with my foot. She was like, 'Hey, what are you doing?' And I was, like, move here, move here,' and suddenly this created an intimacy. When these people come across someone who treats them as an equal, it puts them at ease."

Source: Contact Music