The real father of Madonna's adopted son David feels bitterly disappointed that she is getting a divorce - and yesterday he declared: 'I am still a poor farmer with nothing to offer, but maybe he would be better off back with us.'

Yohane Banda has remarried and now has a happy new family living in his thatched hut in Malawi. His new wife Flora, her daughter Tiyamike, three, and their seven-month-old baby son Dingiswayo - David's half-brother - live a simple life but it is filled with love.

Yet Yohane was filled with regret and sadness as he looked at a photograph of David. Yohane, 34, said: 'He doesn't look happy in this picture. He looks bewildered. If there is no love in the family, is there any love for him?
'This is a new and terrible thing to happen to him. I am too upset to think clearly. He is only three years old and he has been through so much.

'I have the joy of a new family and I even have a new son. But now when I think of David in danger of living outside a family life I find it unbearable, I find it hard to believe God intended this. 'This woman Madonna told me herself that David was beautiful and made her happy and she promised to take good care of him.

'Now I see him in a big bewildering crowd in the street with people pushing and shoving, and many cameras around, and without a mother and father to hold his hand. I'm feeling bad for him.' The peasant farmer placed David in the Home of Hope orphanage at seven weeks old after his mother died from childbirth complications.

When Madonna and Guy Ritchie adopted David two years ago his father was assured the little boy had a stable family life ahead of him. But that dream has been turned on its head. David now faces a life spent shuttling across the Atlantic between Madonna and Guy's homes.

One of the recurring rows between the couple was over her wish to adopt a second child from Malawi, three-year-old orphan Mercy James. Yohane recalled: 'When Madonna decided she wanted David, I was very undecided.

'I was face-to-face with Madonna and her husband for about 30 minutes. I knew nothing about them really. They just seemed a loving couple, committed to each other, committed to marriage and committed to my son.

Source: Daily Mail

1 Response to "'Madonna's adopted son would be better off in Malawi' says his biological father"

  1. Anonymous Said,

    oh yeah...david would be SO much better off back in squalor in malawi. yep a divorce sucks but the kid will still have a 1,000,000% better life than he ever would in malawi.

     

Post a Comment