Madonna Wins Golden Globe For Best Original Song

Posted by PlayBeyond On Monday, January 16, 2012
"Madonna has a huge year ahead of her, and she's already getting some shine. At the Golden Globes on Sunday night (January 15), the pop star-turned-film director nabbed the Best Original Song prize for "Masterpiece," which was featured in "W.E.," which she wrote and directed.

Taking the stage in her glittering Reem Acra-designed dress, Madge thanked the many collaborators who helped her write the song featured in her first feature film, which opens in wide release next month.

"This is a surprise," she told the room, clutching her prize. "Thank you so much to the Hollywood Foreign Press for this acknowledgement. I need to thank my co-writers, Jimmy Harry and Julie Frost, my co-producer William Orbit, who's not here, whom I adore."

As her speech went on, she opened up a bit about the creation of the award-winning track, ignoring her exit music altogether.

"I would also like to thank my manager, Guy Oseary, who I spend most of my time beating up on me," she said. "But seriously, he harangued me for the entire time I was filming and editing my movie to write a song. And I said, 'Please, Guy, I'm trying to focus on being a director and I want people to be able to pay attention to the film and I don't have time.' So then I finished the film and I started making my record and somehow magically and miraculously the song emerged, 'Masterpiece,' so thank you, Guy Oseary, for being so irritating."

As her speech wrapped up, she thanked her leading lady in the film, Andrea Riseborough, and producer Harvey Weinstein, whom she called the Punisher.

This is hardly Madonna's first Golden Globe. She previously won Best Actress in Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy for playing Eva Peron in "Evita." "Masterpiece" is expected to appear on Madonna's forthcoming new record, M.D.N.A."


Source: MTV

0 Responses to "Madonna Wins Golden Globe For Best Original Song"

Post a Comment