Madonna on Ellen

Posted by Sylar On Tuesday, November 09, 2010

 

As announced Madonna was one of the guest on Today's Ellen's show. She discussed a series of themes, some of them quite important as teen being bullied and teen suicides.

She said: "I'm incredibly disturbed and saddened by the overwhelming number of teen suicides that have been reported lately because of bullying. Suicide in general is disturbing. Teenagers committing suicide is extremely disturbing but to hear that teenagers are taking their lives because they are being bullied in schools and dormitories, what have you, is kind of unfathomable. I know a number of people have spoken out about it but I feel like I need to say something. The gay community has been incredibly supportive of me. I wouldn't have a career if it weren't for the gay community. I have a teenage daughter and I have ongoing discussions with her about this topic so I feel like I need to say a few words."

Madonna also confessed she was bullied as a kid: "I can totally relate to the idea of feeling isolated and alienated. I was incredibly lonely as a child, as a teenager. I have to say I never felt like I fit in in school. I wasn't a jock. I wasn't an intellectual. There was no group that I felt a part of. I just felt like a weirdo".

She took the time to remember her mentor Christopher Flynn when she said: "It wasn't until my ballet teacher who was also gay took me under his wing and introduced me to a community of artists of other unique individuals who told me it was good and okay to be different and brought me to my first gay disco and ironically made me feel I was part of the world and it was okay to be different."

Madonna says she talk to her children about respecting other people and about the importance of not judging people who are different. "The concept that we are torturing teenagers because they are gay. It's kind of like I said earlier. It's unfathomable. It's like lynching black people or Hitler exterminating Jews. Sorry if I'm going on a rampage right now but this is America. The land of the free and the home of the brave", she said.

But is there a solution to bullying for Madonna? "I think it would be interesting for everybody to try one simple experiment. Try to get through the day each and everyone of us without gossiping about anybody. Not even listening to gossip. Walking away from it. Can you imagine what your day would be like? How much more free time you'd have? I also feel like you'd feel better about yourself" . Going back to her work, the Queen of Pop announced that she's in the process of editing her film right now and as soon as she's done with it she'll literally " got to get my butt in the studio and make some more music".

Source: MadonnaTribe

5 Responses to "Madonna on Ellen"

  1. Anonymous Said,

    Long Live The Queen! I am super glad Her Madgesty did this. I've been wondering if Her Madgesty had stop caring for our community and yes Her Madgesty is right without us her career would have gone over way before you say the word "over" (lol) Pls please please say something more Your Madgesty! Join us in one of our rallies... Long Live The Queen!!!!

     

  2. Anonymous Said,

    Great message as always. I'm so glad she talked about going back in the studio! Yay!!

     

  3. what else more she can reveal?
    http://ique-imagemmadonna.blogspot.com/

     

  4. Anonymous Said,

    i love Madonna and i like it when she speaks her mind. she is very smart and very thoughful. i have NO PROBLEM with Madonna saying without the support of the gay community she wouldnt be here. but i have a HUGE PROBLEM with the gay community acting like without their support she wouldnt be where she is today or gawd forbid she owes the gay community something because that is complete and utter CRAP!!!!

     

  5. Trey Said,

    At Anonymous 2:15.

    Agreed, M doesn't owe anything to anybody. but I like the fact that she does acknowledge that the "gay" community has stuck by her (for the most part). As for this interview, it didn't touch me at all. I applaud her for her beliefs, but everyone knows that she would be against bullying of gays and anyone. It didn't merit a television appearance to pronounce that. LOVE M forever, but this commentary was late and unimportant and bland.

     

Post a Comment