Madonna: “I cannot think of a better birthday gift”

Posted by Sylar On Friday, August 27, 2010

My birthday last week was such a blessing for me. I was surrounded by dear friends, my loving family, and by you.
The notes I received from the Raising Malawi family were simply beautiful -- both in their kindness and their concern for the children of Malawi. Thank you for making my birthday so special.
The note from Sylvia in Great Britain is a message for all of us:

May Malawi, and its beautiful people, be raised through the generosity of those who share your dreams. Thank you for the work you do and the joy you give to your fans worldwide. We are all better people for being connected.

I love how Sylvia echoed the African philosophy ubuntu -- I am because we are. We do share a common fate. And we must continue to dream of a better future.
That's why it's so important that we stay connected with each other. I hope you will help us raise awareness about Malawi by joining our Facebook community:
http://www.raisingmalawi.org/connect-on-facebook
Along with the birthday wishes, many of you took the opportunity to make a donation to our work in Malawi. Again, thank you all!
From Alvaro in Mexico City to Esther in Istanbul, your generous donations totaling over $18,000 touched my heart and will change the lives of so many children. I truly cannot think of a better birthday gift.
Thank you again for being a part of this community and the work most dear to my heart.
Gratefully yours,
Madonna
Madonna
P.S. If you would like to donate to Raising Malawi today, I will match your donation - doubling its impact on the lives of the Malawi children.

Source: Raising Malawi

0 Responses to "Madonna: “I cannot think of a better birthday gift”"

Post a Comment