Madonna ‘rejected X Factor Stacey duet’

Posted by Sylar On Monday, December 14, 2009

Madonna reportedly turned down the chance to perform a duet with Stacey Solomon on Saturday night’s X Factor.

According to The Sun, the pop superstar had been in talks to team up with Dannii Minogue’s act for the final, but her team eventually rejected the offer because she does not have new material or a tour to promote.

A source said: “We were told she wasn’t in promotion so it wasn’t going to happen. It’s a shame as she’d have been brilliant and given the show a real lift, especially with Stacey.”

Saturday’s episode saw Solomon perform with Michael Bublé. Meanwhile, Olly Murs sang with Robbie Williams and eventual winner Joe McElderry was partnered with George Michael.

The mother-of-one finished in third place at the weekend, leaving Murs and McElderry to battle it out in last night’s final showdown.

Source: Digital spy

3 Responses to "Madonna ‘rejected X Factor Stacey duet’"

  1. Anonymous Said,

    hardly 'news'. why would she go on a crap show like that anyway. not her style. never been. next!


  2. quitcherbichinn Said,

    how soon you forget her appearance on Star Academy. ;)


  3. Anonymous Said,

    ^ oh yeh. i forgot that desperate times have called for desperate measures.


Post a Comment