Madonna to return to Malawi this week

Posted by Sylar On Thursday, March 26, 2009
25863467 Madonna may visit the southern African country of Malawi in the next few days, Reuters reports.
"We expect her over the weekend or earlier than that... but without a doubt she is coming before the end of this month," the official at the Ministry of Gender and Child Development said.
Madonna is expected to visit a site where her charity, Raising Malawi, will start building a multi-million dollar school for girls, the officials said.

David's father, Yohane Banda, told Reuters that he may see his son next week.
"Someone from Raising Malawi visited me last week and told me that my son may be visiting me sometime next week. I am delighted, I want to see my son," he said.
Madonna, who began adoption proceedings in 2006, took David when he was 13-months-old after his father had placed him in an orphanage following the death of his wife. She has said he was happy to be involved in a case that might pave the way for more adoptions in Malawi. An estimated one million children in the country have been orphaned by AIDS.
Child rights activist John Soo Phiri said Madonna may find it more difficult to adopt another child as a single parent after her divorce from film director Guy Ritchie.
"She will have to prove that as a single parent she still has the abilities to raise another child alone," he said.

Sources: Reuters, MadonnaTribe

1 Response to "Madonna to return to Malawi this week"

  1. Anonymous Said,

    She looks so beautiful in this picture, I completly love it.

     

Post a Comment