Watch: Porta Gia ton Ourano (sampling 4 Minutes )

Posted by Sylar On Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Elena Paparizou, a Greek singer who represented Greece in Eurovision Song Contest back in 2005, performed her song "Porta Gia ton Ourano" (which means Door to Heaven), remixed with extracts from Madonna's 4 Minutes at thiy year's Greek VMA's.

You can watch the performance here:


Thanks to akisno1 from Madonna Fanzine!

4 Responses to "Watch: Porta Gia ton Ourano (sampling 4 Minutes )"

  1. Anonymous Said,

    I don't hear 4 Minutes being sampled!! This song is not so good.

     

  2. Aaron Said,

    First Off, I love the blog.

    Secondly, I am one of the Biggest Elena fans you'll ever meet and I'm so glad to see her getting noticed - even on a Madonna website.

    Third, I also fail to hear the "sample" of 4 minutes - it's probably more channelling 4 minutes - I love this remix (and the original) though!

     

  3. Anonymous Said,

    First of all, I love this blog too! :)
    Secondly, I think, too, that it's nice to see Elena's songs in a Madonna site...
    Thirdly, and most importantly, I had noticed that this remix has a sample of "4 Minutes" way before I saw it posted here...even a friend of mine, who is not at all a Madonna fan, had noticed the "4 Minutes" sample...
    You can hear it from the beginning (0:00) until before she starts singing (0:12)! There is a sample of the melody that is being played with the horns in "4 Minutes" but here it's played in a slower and more mellow tempo...and you can also hear quite clearly the "ticking" of the clock... :)

     

  4. Sylar Said,

    I really like this song. If you come across a HQ audio recording (or studio version), please email me.

    Thanks!

    I think it's clear that she's sampling 4M ;)

     

Post a Comment