One on One

Posted by Sylar On Friday, May 23, 2008

Her Madgesty did a very revealing and in-depth interview from Cannes with ABC News's Cynthia McFadden, airing yesterday on Nightline, and PerezHilon.com is pleased to present you an exclusive preview of that chat. Here's what M. has to say….

On Turning 50:

McFadden: Is it just a number? Most women will not say how much they weigh. My age doesn’t bother me. My weight I would never tell. Do you care about it as a number?
Madonna: If I didn’t feel good and wasn’t doing what I wanted to do with my life maybe that would bother me. But I feel good about what I’m doing. I feel like in a way it’s given me a feeling of accomplishment for living this long and to still be able to do what I want to do and feel as good as I do. It’s a blessing.
McFadden: Do you have a birthday wish?
Madonna: No. I don’t. I’m not thinking about my birthday? Why’s everyone rushing me over the finish line?
McFadden: Oh, because we have you here to torture.
Madonna: No, I’m not thinking about my birthday. I’m thinking about what I’m going to eat for dinner tonight. That’s my future plan.

On her looks:
Madonna: I don’t look at old pictures of myself.
McFadden: You don’t? From the old days?
Madonna: I don’t look at pictures of myself from last week. Once I’ve approved of them, they’re gone.
McFadden: So you don’t feel any competition with the Madonna of old?
Madonna: I like the way I look better now.
McFadden: What do you like better?
Madonna: My thighs aren’t as chubby. I’m not kidding. I’m being perfectly honest with you.
McFadden: You say in one of the lyrics on your new album, “I feel beautiful when I’m dancing.”
Madonna: Yeah, I have been dancing a lot lately. That’s probably why I like my thighs better.
McFadden: But do you feel beautiful the rest of the time too or not? How do you see yourself?
Madonna: I see myself as practical and handsome and useful. I don’t think of myself as a great beauty. But I think of myself as stylish.

On Working with Justin Timberlake and Pharell on her new album:
McFadden: You beat Elvis’ record. More songs in the top ten than any other…
Madonna: Yeah! That’s the record to beat.
McFadden: You hear something like that, and what do you think?
Madonna: Then I go back to work.
That’s my reaction. Not that I am going to rest on my laurels, but now I really have to do even better. I think that’s why I decided to do this record with Justin Timberlake, and Pharell. Because they have strong personalities. You could say they’re divas in their own right.
McFadden: You’re used to being the only diva on the premises.
Madonna: Well, like in the square footage.
McFadden: Well, in the recording studio?
Madonna: Yeah.
McFadden: Well what was it like to sit down and write with these guys who are divas of their own?
Madonna: Well, we all had our hiccups where we jockeyed for positions and we tried to get to know each other because song writing is a very intimate experience. I would say there were a few uncomfortable moments.
Madonna: But with Pharell, he actually made me cry. I’ve never told anyone that before. There. Out with it. Headlines [gesturing].
McFadden: Why did he make you cry?
Madonna: I don’t know. I think I was just having a bad day. You know when you’re not fine. You know sometimes when you just burst into tears for no reason?
McFadden: In front of him?
Madonna: I did right there in front of him.

On Adoption and her son David, whom she spotted in the arms of a young girl at an orphanage:
McFadden: Is that when you fell in love?
Madonna: The first time that I saw him [David], she was carrying him. And that was the moment when it all rack focused for me. ‘Oh my God, she’s 8 and she’s taking care of a six month old child and so first I was drawn to her. Where does she get her strength from? And then I was drawn to him and I started carrying him around for her. When I came back the next time, that’s when he was ill and that’s when I really knew that I had a connection to him.

On discovering Malawi:
Madonna: Well, I went to Malawi thinking I am going to save these people. I’m gonna build orphan care centers and come to their rescue. And I am going to do what I should be doing, sharing my experience, sharing my wealth with people who don’t. And I went there thinking well I don’t and we don’t. Because I don’t have that joy, that appreciation. I do in moments but not on a regular basis. I’ve never seen so much sort of tangible suffering, but I’ve never experienced so much joy and openness.

Source: Perez Hilton, photo from All About Madonna

0 Responses to "One on One"

Post a Comment